Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What happens in Vegas.........

Doesn't stay there when you fry up like it's your part time job, and yes A-train it's happened before, but I'm going to keep on blaming Dooner.....mainly because that's just fun! HA!

So between a trip to Vegas (did I mention it was like 75 the whole time), work, planning wedding stuff, and thinking about moving I'm fairly proud of the runs I've gotten in. I've been one busy bee! I won't bore you with the gory details of my 15 or so runs but I will say I'm boycotting running outside until it gets warm here. I'm tired of my under armor, mittens, hat, gloves, 80 million other layers. I even opted to do a 13 miler, by choice mind you, on the treadmill rather than run in the cold! WHO AM I!? Lucky for me it might climb all the way to the 40s this weekend, hurray for small miracles!

Vegas week however cramped my training style (although really I'm not complaining) I got in 2 of my week runs before I left on Wed and planned to do the 3rd in Vegas, hahahahahaha silly Heidi, people don't exercise in Vegas! I even packed running clothes which is amusing, such good intentions. We got back with plenty of time to get a run in on Sunday, but the run I was supposed to do was 20. Again, laughter ensues here, 20 miles....really....after I've just partied in Vegas for about 4 days straight??? I have 2 20s worked into this training so I'm not concerned I skipped it, I got 11 in and frankly that's amazing all on it's own.

But I'm back in the saddle this week! The marathon is about 4.5 weeks away, YIKES! I wanted to make up a little mileage, yes yes, I know that's not necessary but honestly I added one extra mile. So instead of 5 tonight I upped it to 6, I'm such a rebel. I got a good treadmill in the back and everything was butterflies and sunshine until about 5.25 miles. That's when what I can only refer to as "stinkman" showed up on the treadmill next to me. Let's be honest, no one smells great at the gym, but I don't walk into the place smelly already, I have the courtesy to throw some deodorant on so as not to kill the people in my general area. I seriously wanted to die, if there had been more than a mile left I don't think I would have made it. What I don't get is.......seriously........I know when I smell bad......how does this guy not know!? YIKES. Perhaps the only good that came out of "stinkman" is he forced me to finish faster.......ew

No comments: