Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I didn't know I had it in me....

It was a crappy Monday.....it was a long day, traffic was a nightmare, I fed a parking meter that didn't need to be fed, I wanted to watch the game but I knew I had to get a run in. I was all around miserable to talk to - no really, just ask Dave. In an angry rage I threw on my running shoes and slipped out the door for my FIRST after-work OUTDOOR run this year.

Got the the trail and hit the ground running (haha so funny)

Glanced at my Garmin, 7:00/mile pace, yea right like I can keep that up......a mile in 7:30/mile......2 miles in 7:30/mile and I'm thinking, this has got to stop, I can't run this fast, it's not going to happen.

Low and behold I apparently have reserves I didn't even know about, I kept somewhere between a 7:30 and 7:40 min pace the whole 5 miles, it's been years since I've run 5 miles under 40 min. I felt like one hell of a BAMF

No comments: