Sunday, April 6, 2008

The season of shorts!

Spring has sprung!!! (And now because I've said that, it's likely we'll get 5 inches of snow this week)

The rest of my week included 2 5 milers on the treadmill and I added in some quarter mile hill intervals, nothing crazy, but enough to get me winded.

Saturday however was a dream...a gift...just what I needed to keep pushing forward! I had to get up at the break of dawn, 7am, to move my car - I CANNOT wait to live in a permit area! This did however provide a sneak peek at what the weather would be like for my run - b-e-a-utiful! So I knew I could wear shorts, I grappled with the t-shirt idea and opted for long sleeves that were easily pulls up. Within a mile I yanked those sleeves up, it was just gorgeous out. And it also appears Sat was the last run I'll be carrying my camelbak on, the bubblers are working again!!!!!! This was such great news, I practically turned around and dropped the camelbak at home...well not really but you get my drift.

Although the weather was stellar the run wasn't my best, I ran pretty much on pace for sub-4 but I just wasn't feeling great. Then when I was cruising around the Shedd a biker gave me a nasty comment and shook his head at me. I wanted to put a foot out on his wheel but instead I opted for just saying whatever. Hate to break it to ya, but this is a running/biking/walking/general whateverness trail and we all have to share. Even though it wasn't my best run the weather totally made up for it - running outside in gorgeous weather has officially begun!

This week is my final week of big miles, ending with a 20 on the weekend. And I'm going to WI for wedding stuff and apparently it might only be 35 in WI.....I might save the run for when I come back home.....I'm getting more and more excited for the race - 4 weeks to go!

Enjoy the weather everyone!

No comments: