Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm an F-word!!! And I'm happy about it!

It's not the naughty f-word you're thinking of either.........I'm a fiancee!!!!!!(I spelled that correctly for you mom) Last night Dave proposed by Lake Michigan and of course I said yes! Just a Cheeseheadrunner on cloud 9! Haven't really been able to stop smiling - have that stupid your cheeks hurt you've smiled so much thing going on - but I'm not going to complain! We didn't get to properly celebrate as I has an 18-miler this morning, but we'll make it up today with all our friends!!!!

So back to running.....although who can run when they have such a beautiful sparkly thing distracting them!

I had an 8 on Wed which I was sort of dreading. I knew before I even stepped on the treadmill that my legs would be heavy. And I was right. I somehow managed to fight through and finished all 8. Days like that make me feel good that I can push myself that far, but I certainly wish it wasn't so tough sometimes!

Thursday brought a late night at work so I raced home and only had time to put in 3 before Lost came on. Yes I completely realize I could have skipped Lost and watched it online. But I'd had a long day, I deserved some quality couch time with my favorite tv show. I figured 3 is better than nothing, right!?

Today I hauled out of bed at 6:50 am (this is starting to feel like summer runs) threw some yogurt in my system and hit the road. I wanted to be done and still have time to celebrate St. Patricks day! The first half I was fast, too fast, approx 7:40 miles, for me that's a little too fast, I just can't maintain that....yet. But the adrenaline of last night and wanting to get home soon fueled me. When I turned around that was another story, the wind was my enemy, my face was cold, my sweat all got cold, I was an unhappy camper to say the least.

I ended up running with a guy for about a mile and a half, we were just the same pace. When he broke off to take a different route he gave me the little runner salute. I LOVE that about running, I don't know you, good chance I never will, but I know what you endure, I know what keeps you going, and I respect you for that.

The last 2 miles were unpleasant, I was just ready to be done, then I had to pass a stupid (sorry CARA runners) CARA group of about 20 people and it just irked me that I had to go out of my way to pass them. I understand the appeal of running like that, and it's great for some, it just wasn't what I needed at 17.5. But I made it. Only 4 min off BQ pace, now I don't think I could have kept it up, BUT this still makes me feel like my Flying Pig time won't be so bad after all.

I'm off to be "that" girl all day, sorry it's my weekend, I'm going to live it up. And hopefully I'll drink a few green beers too!!

1 comment:

mouse said...

Congratulations! hopefully the initial freak out about having to plan such an important event comes a little later for you than it did for me. :)

and seriously... the groups that take over the path? I HATE THEM. HATE. HATE. HATE. (you can't see me right now, but i'm totally making a psycho stabbing motion)

ugh.