Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Smile - We're both idiots

So after racing through the morning at work, I raced back to the city for a doctor appt in the afternoon. I originally wanted to run outside today, and I got home with just enough daylight left (sidenote: I hate running in the dark, and I don't think it's safe, I don't need Johnny Hiding in the Bush to grab me while I'm on a 5 miler and don't have the stamina to out run him) So when I got back I contemplated, oh it would be so nice to go to the heated gym for a quick 3 miles. BUT, I told myself I would run outside if I could......since I hate not doing what I say I will, even if it's only something I said in my head I opted for outside.

I have no clue how cold it was but it was FREEZING. Thankfully on my way out the door I thought to grab a scarf, this was a godsend! I was warm for the most part, although I could have used a few scarves wrapped around my legs. I've run outside in the cold, just not this cold, and snow, and BLACK ICE!?! Who knew right.....I guess it makes sense, I'm just happy I managed to stay on my feet! I will give you one thing though, I saw 10 people, only 10, but we all smiled and nodded at eachother. Gave the obligatory, huh, you're as stupid as me, run on my friend. This sustained me, you don't get that in the summer, there's just too many of us, knowing there were other crazies like me on the trail kept me going...........that is.........until my ipod died It's a good thing this happened when I was only a half mile from home and not close enough to the lake - I probably would have thrown it in, this thing keeps me going, unless it's a race day (I have a strong no music policy for races) I need music, if it hadn't been so cold I perhaps would have started singing to myself.

So in the end I made it, a little over 3 miles, outside though, so that counts for more - right?!

No comments: