Monday, January 14, 2008

I'd be ok with the 50s....

I was so close to not going to the gym. It's cold again, go figure, it is January after all, and it was snowing! (But it was like 50 last week, we were so spoiled!) So after arriving home, later than normal no less, the thought of venturing outside to walk down the street, yes it is that close, to the gym was unmentionable. BUT I accidently left my cell in the parked car, CRAP, now I had to go out to save it from the fridgid Chicago night, and since I'm heading out CRAP again I might as well go to the gym.

Mondays are crosstraining, and if history proves anything I'm not so great at crosstraining, unless of course watching Friends reruns counts somehow.....no? Why not? I hit up the bike for 10 miles, THANK GOD they had a recent People I could read. I need celebrity gossip to distract me from all that sweating and the fact that I'd like to quit after 5 min. Then, feeling especially daring I thought I'd try weights. I don't even remember the last time I thought about weights. I picked up 8 lbers which may have been a mistake, but I didn't want to seem uber-puny! After doing 2 sets of 12 reps of 3 types of exercises my arms felt like jello, I'm lucky the weights made it back to thier home....Cross training session numero uno DONZO, only like 17 more to go.......

I took the Christmas decor down finally - yea yea save your reminders that we are halfway through January, the thing is though I have no where to put my "baby" tree! So now it's standing naked in the corner all sad with no ornaments.....if I don't find some space soon I'm just going to dress it for Valentines day so it's not so dang depressing!

No comments: