Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ready, set, go!

Hmmm that seemed a bit too easy, I think I created the blog in less than a min......hopefully that means I did it correctly. Since most people reading this, ie: friends and family, know what I'm doing I'll make this explanation quick....after running 3 marathons I've decided to rule the world...er I mean make my way to Boston. It's likely this could take years, but hopefully this blog will highlight my triumphs and pitfalls and I'm sure every so often you'll get a rant from me as well :)

So currently I'm in training for the Flying Pig. For those that don't know, it's a "rolling hills" marathon, so I'm not expecting a PR or a BQ, just a good time and hopefully some runners in pig costumes, ha. Training started Jan 1 and frankly I've been pretty terrible only 2 weeks in. The cold and back pain have done nothing for my motivation.

Today was my long run, 9 miles, with relatively decent weather I donned my winter gear and hit the trail. Today was the first run I carried my Camelback on, and either I am the biggest water snot in Chicago or no one else is running as far as me, and I'm not so stupid as to assume that.....but NO ONE else had water. WHAT? Anything over an hour requires a water supply for this chica and since the city rips out the bubblers in the winter I will continue to be the sole chick stopping for the occassional water break. And not that they would, but if someone ever asked for a swig, no way, carry your own water, look as super cool as I do. With all the back pain I had last week I was scared for this run, but it went surprisingly well. The wind was a bit biting on the way back but then again it is January. I think I jumped into a hot shower within minutes of being home, I don't know how people do this all week long and in the dark....I'll be hiding out at the gym for the rest of the week, hurray for treadmills.

Phew my first official blog down, I feel so grown up....or nerdy....whatever. An ugly Monday tomorrow, let's hope it flies by.

No comments: