Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sickie McSickerton

Once again I've slacked off on keeping up, good thing I'm not getting graded! My 7 and 4 miler last week were pretty standard, ran at the gym, wished I was outside. I could feel myself getting sick on Thursday, but if I wanted to go to Mad-town I had to do my 15 INSIDE Friday night. Last week 14 was a pain in the butt, 15 this week was just plain brutal.

When I got to the gym all good treadmills were taken up - you've got to be kidding me, it's Friday night, why are you here!?! By the time I stretched and warmed up though there was a treadmill in the back with my name on it. I made my way through the captions of 1 vs 100 and then on to that new show Amnesia, which I'm sure would be great, but there was waaaaaaaaaay too much talking for it to be entertaining reading the captions. This 15 was grueling, when I stopped the treadmill at the halfway to start it back up again I honestly did not know if I could go the whole way. While I was running Dave came and ran next to me, then he left, because he was finished.......that's right, he came after I came, then left before I was even off the treadmill, that's just sick. I managed to make it home without feeling ill, but that did not last long. I downed a gatorade and Dave brought over veggie burritos. Perhaps this wasn't the best choice but at least it would be a lot of calories to fill me up right?? Well, while Dave watched Mr. Brooks, which by the way is super gory, ew, I writhed in pain on the couch.

I debated whether or not to go to Madison, but in the end my sense of a good time won out. And if I do say so, Bockfest 2008, SUCCESS!!! Great seeing the crew, not so great feeling crazy sick Monday morning. Missed work Monday, felt like poo Tuesday = no running. So, not a huge fan of this at all, I'm hoping I'm miraculously cured tomorrow morning so I can run tomorrow night, we'll see. Did I mention this morning my windshield wiper broke off and it was snowing....awesome....then my yogurt and apple exploded in a lunch dropping escapade...double awesome. So I figure it's not possible that tomorrow could be worse than today.

For now I'm going to dip oreos in milk,and try not to eat through the whole pack because frankly, they're delicious. Think happy healthy running thoughts for me!

No comments: