Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sore, tired, you name it

It's been a draining weekend, in a good way I suppose. I really needed to get my 12 miles in, wanted to prove to myself that although I'm missing runs here and there I'm still going to be fine for this race.

Sat was actually a pretty nice day to run, all things considering. The trail was well....slushy, I very often watched my step and somehow miraculously managed to keep my feet dry! There was really only one crappy portion where I was running on slanted slush....thank god I didn't fall. Quite a few other runners on the lakefront and it was sort of calming to look out on the partially frozen lake. 12 miles took me just past the Shedd, which always seems so far from where I started. I ran about 8:45/mile, which I'm pretty happy with considering the conditions. It also cracks me up, so many people have black cold gear, I on the otherhand....I was in black tights, green shorts, teal thermal, white/orange t-shirt with a hot pink turtle. Seriously I'm like a color nightmare.

I don't think I hydrated enough though following the run, especially considering we went out to celebrate Eric's b-day last night. I'm tired and pretty sore, ahhhhh lactic acid, you are no friend of mine. I think mid-week mileage this week is only 5, that's something to look forward too!

No comments: