Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My excuse......I'm in mourning

Now that would be a fantastic excuse, I'm mourning the retirement of my all time favorite sports GOD Brett Favre, but unfortunately since this just happened yesterday that doesn't really explain all those other days I missed! opps!

So last week in a sick haze I dragged my butt to the gym for 2 week runs, it was a light week, since I missed Tuesday being sick, I did my 5 on Wed and another 4 on Thursday. Both nights I started on craptastic treadmills, on Thursday I literally switched machines 3 times. I started, and the stupid pace wouldn't keep up, that's BS, I pay good money to work out here (ok my boyfriend actually pays but that's a technicality) the machines should work. So then I moved to a second craptastic treadmill, this machines decrease speed button malfunctioned, sweet, just what I need, get going too fast and then I can't slow down, nice. Then a decent treadmill opened up and I hopped on it, the other treadmillers must have thought I was crazy, but I could care less, not my issue if you want to deal with running on rogue equipment, I don't!

This weekend was a lighter run, only 11 miles. Due to the apt search, Dave and I are moving in and seeking out an uber-cool 2 bedroom, I had zero time to get a run in outdoors on Sat and I CANNOT handle another ridiculously long treadmill run. So I waited until Sunday morning and I'm so glad I did, it was GORGEOUS out. But let's clarify shall we. By gorgeous I mean for March it was very nice and the sun was shining, I don't mean whip out your skanky running tank tops. Listen I'm all for showing off the great body you get running, but it was maybe, maybe 40, there's no reason to be showing skin, even in the Midwest where we are a little crazy. Anyhow it was very nice out, and tons of people on the trail, and it was Polar Plunge at North beach so I thought it was great that they got such a perfect day! There was a small ice age around the Oak Street curve but other than that pretty smooth sailing. I didn't have a gel, which was less than desirable, but I was ill-prepared. I made it though, although I don't think I want to do it again, it's nice to get that little boost to kick me home.

Mileage starts to ramp up again this week. I made it to the gym for cross training this Monday....sorta skipped that for like 3 weeks....I biked and pulled out some old weight exercises from physical therapy after my knee surgery. I totally felt the weights in my arms, I should do that stuff more really, also it would probably help my knee too.

I wanted nothing to do with my 4 miler on Tue, I was tired, there were no treadmills and when I was done the stupid decrease didn't work so I had to pull like the emergency stop, I'm sorry but I think that's a little dangerous. Where is daylight savings time when I need it! My midweek mileage has ramped up to 8, that's as high as I get during the week, but I have to plan to get that in, that's more than just a quick run. Thankfully the traffic gods watched over me tonight and I was on the treadmill by 6:30, I even snagged a good one this time! Roughly an hour 10 min for 8 miles, a little slower than I wanted but I've been insanely tired all week so I will take it. I'm skipping tomorrow nights run due to an apt showing, it's feast or famine so I'm making a sacrifice.

I have to do 17 this weekend YIKES!!! I'm really sure I will be fine, I just haven't had that kind of mileage in awhile and it sounds very daunting at the moment. We already have several apts to see Sat morning so it's looking like it will probably be Sunday by the time I fit it in. It's been the longest week EVER. I don't know what the deal is but every min at work literally feels like 2 min. not cool. Maybe that means the next 2 days will go in hyper-speed, here's the hoping!

No comments: