Sunday, February 10, 2008

The barker is back.....

What a week of training it was!! Monday had me skipping crosstraining to get all my runs in as I knew I would need a night off for an appt. I ran an easy 4 miles but found I was in extreme pain on Tuesday. My right arch has major issues, it was so painful it was even bothering me in ugly flat work shoes, who knew! I have never had problems with my arches and really this was only one as it just hurt on my right foot. Troublesome let me tell you.

Not wanting to skip my run Tuesday night I ventured to the orthotics aisle in Walgreens and purchased arch supports, which by the way are not cheap. I figured I should wear them in both as it might be weird if they were only in one shoe. They helped tremendously, leaps and bounds, it was still a little painful but I could tell they helped. This is an interesting dilemma to me though. In the past I have NEVER run this much on the treadmill, could that be the source of this? I've never had arch issues before?? Or is it really all downhill once you hit 25.....just kidding.

Thursday was a quick 3 miles so I could get home for lost, and low and behold the barker is back at the gym. This guy's grunts and noises could rival Sharapova, no lie. He lifts weights, and I haven't seen him at the gym in months but he made his reappearance on Thursday and boy did I hear about it heh heh. I suppose I understand that perhaps that makes him get the extra umph to get the weights up, but c'mon aren't you mildly embarassed that the whole gym is listening to your barking/grunting/you name it weird noises? And if I was your wife, I don't think I'd be caught dead at the gym with you making all those animalesque noises....

I only had 9 miles to do for the weekend and thankfully I did on Sat as it is arctic temps out today! I ran a little earlier and it felt like there were a million people on the trail, which was nice to see. I fought for the first 1.5 miles to get my Camelback to cooperate, it was extremely obnoxious stopping to adjust every like 3 min, but eventually I showed it who was boss! On my last half mile back I passed a guy who gave me the biggest goofiest grin ever. He must have known me, I however had no clue who he was, and if he didn't know me perhaps he was smiling at my ridiculous get-up. The weekend miles pretty much steadily increase from here on out, so there's not much to look forward to in that department - although maybe if I just grunted every half mile or so that would give me the motivation to go the extra mile.......

No comments: