Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just another week

It's been a pretty solid week so far. My legs were talking to me all day Monday, practically begged me not to crosstrain, so what did I do, broke out the Gliding video. Now, I'm not a huge fan of workout videos but this particular video was recommended when I was in therapy for my ACL so I figure it has to be good right?? Also, a day later I can't even get out of a chair from all the squats you do during it so that's probably a good indication.

As a side note, I would never say I've been so confused by daylight savings time in my life. On my drive home Monday night I actually asked my mom what time it was, I thought I left work too early (I had not changed the clock in my car yet) It's funktified my whole week and I can't imagine why, it's never happened before...

Today was beautiful. I didn't wear a hat or mittens at lunch, there were runners on the trail as I flew down LSD, signs that perhaps spring is ready to make an appearance here and there. I was looking forward to perhaps my first outdoor weeknight run, but alas it wasn't meant to be....

I hold a pretty strict "you can't start a run in the dark" policy in Chicago. I'm ok if I'm ending a run around dusk but I just don't think it's safe for me and my headphones to chance it. I don't particularly want to be headline news, unless of course I've done something superbly awesome :) I had to take care of some apt papers after work so that meant hitting the gym, bugger!

Stretching today felt like a gift from God, my muscles were thrilled with me. I ran a pretty easy paced 5 miles, but still managed to stay strong in the end.

Ooooo new running song of the week - I like this song so much I even lip-synced while I was running - I'm positive I looked insane, but when you've spent as much time as me on a treadmill lately you'll do anything to make yourself smile - I Don't Wanna be in Love (Dance Floor Anthem) - Good Charlotte, check it out, love a good tune!

No comments: