Sunday, May 4, 2008

today was MY day.....

If you talked to me in the last week you know I was cautious, "What are you shooting for", me: "Well I'd love to BQ but that's unrealistic, I'd really like to get a sub-4but honestly I'll be happy if I beat my last PR 4:17:33" Well.....

I spanked my PR today and I kicked major ass in the process.

Chip Time: 3:33:15

I'm not sure if I have ever been more proud of myself. .2 miles from the finish when I could see the finish line and the clock and it was well under 3:40 for the "official time" and I realized I would qualify for Boston it was too much. I cried at the end, this is the culmination of a hard training winter, giving up Friday nights out, and pushing my body beyond what I thought was possible. And I'm still walking too! For now I'm going to kick back and celebrate with a beer - race report to follow...

2 comments:

Eric Olsen said...

are you kidding me???

VERY proud of you.

awesome!

Nicole said...

Congrats!! That is absolutely awesome! I would have cried too :)