Sunday, May 18, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I've taken the whole recovery thing a little too seriously I think - I've only run twice since the race!! But I needed it and our new apt needed me. And now that our real computer is up and functioning I'm hoping to get some race pics up this week! We did find out after the race that not only did we run a marathon 2 weeks ago, we ran OVER a marathon! Technically we ran .2514 more than necessary and they have a calculator that adjusts your time, so if you want to get picky I was like 3:31 and some change but I'm just as happy with the recorded time - it gets me to Boston :) My family, friends, co-workers have been AMAZING! Everyone was so congratulatory and it appears half my family will be jetting off to see me in Boston. I think you always know you have the support of your loved ones but it was great that everyone was so proud of me!

The past week I think I may have eaten everything at Jewel. Ok...fine, perhaps it was only 80% of the store, but I've done an amazing job of stocking up on the things I stay away from during training....soda, mass amounts of beer, hot dogs, chips, you name it, I ate it.....and I enjoyed it :)

Saturday was gorgeous, I donned my running gear, dodged a few Cubs fans and headed to the trail. I even left my Garmin at home, I'm such a rebel! I did somewhere between 5-6 miles and I felt great. Can't wait for more beautiful days out on the trail!

No comments: