Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Get motivated!

So maybe saying I was back in the saddle was a little too serious. We jetted off to WI for the long weekend, and although I packed 3 days of running clothes, only one day got used....oops! Sunday, after feeling guilty about gorging on brats, cheese, beer and everything else that is the glorious state of WI I figured I should work a few of those calories off before the next big bbq (and believe you me, we had one!) I pretty much forced Dave to come along via guilt trip - he likes running, he just doesn't like running with me.....I will keep telling myself it's because I can beat him! We ran on the trail through Thrivent and saw about 80 billion (yup that's right) of what we believed to be Orioles mating......but upon explanation to my mom turns out they were likely Red Wing Blackbirds (we also confirmed this on google) but it was so cool, the males were all showing off, very funny. It was a great weekend, but I'm pretty sure I consumed the recommended one year adult consumption of brats...and the summer is just starting!!

Hold off - have to go watch the Cubbies attempt a come back in the 9th - we can hear the crowd chanting for Fukudome.....

Tonight I did not want to hit the road. The couch was so inviting, I was feeling lazy. But Dave was heading out for a bike ride/haircut so I felt the peer pressure. But I did the one thing that made all the difference - I recently got some new songs on itunes and I threw them on the pod before heading out. When "The Longest Road" by Morgan Page came on I had instant runners high, that kind where you are running, the right song comes on and you instantly feel lighter, I think I even smiled. So if you haven't heard this song, and you have to get the long one, you need to, it rocked my 4ish miles today, I even ran extra because of it :) And I almost forgot, I almost got hit by a cab rolling through a stop sign - but I caught him and yelled rather loudly "HEY", thankfully he stopped, about 5 people walking looked at me funny, but I like my legs where they are so whatever!

Also, as a side note, every time I head out my back door and see the porch above us with the grill that used to be OURS but the guys above us STOLE from our porch (and not in the funny friendly way), I want to throw rocks on their cars....I don't actually do it, but I think about it almost every time....

Running Grove you have to check out: The Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix) - Morgan Page

2 comments:

Eric Olsen said...

umm....i want to hear more about the grill thieves?

Nicole said...

Me too!